- [Narrator] The concept of pre-comping in After Effects…is a fundamental one.…A pre-composition is a little like creating nested sequences…inside of Premier, except in After Effects it's not uncommon…for a pre-comp to be inside of another pre comp…several pre-comps deep.…It's a great way to instance out animations or elements…and easily update those instances…by making changes to the pre-comp.…Here in this example I have a lower third…that is created by several pre-comps.…So let me go ahead and preview this…and you'll see that we have two elements…that are basically the same thing, the same animation.…
Layers four and five are that same animation,…this little widget here off to the left…and then layer five is the same animation moved off…in space and timed out a little bit differently.…So, that's one of the important concepts…about using pre-comps is that you can repurpose…that animation, build these simple building blocks…and reuse them over and over to build up complexity.…So let's take a look at how this was built.…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.