Sometimes, you just want to see a graphical representation of the expression changes to the value, but you do not really want to turn the expression into keyframes. Where can you see a graphical representation in Adobe After Effects? In this movie, author Luisa Winters walks you through the Post-Expression Graph in After Effects.
- [instructor] Many a times we just want to see…a graphical representation of the expression…changes to the value.…But we don't really want to turn the expression…into key frames.…For this we have the post expression graph.…Let's go ahead and open composition 2.7…post expression graph with visible expression editor.…And let's go ahead and play the timeline.…As you can see nothing is happening.…Let's add a wiggle expression to the position of the ball.…
Two 400.…And now I would like to see the post expression graph…without committing this to key frames.…So I can click on this icon here,…the one to the right of the equals sign…and I can now go to the graph editor.…This is going to show me the changes in value…in the graph editor without committing this…to any kind of key frames.…Now if I want to see the expression editor…I can click on this icon here and then choose…show expression editor and I can type whatever I want.…
For example, instead of 400 I can change that value…to eight 200…and you will see how the values…
- Adding expressions
- Editing expressions manually
- Changing expression dimensions: rate, value, music amplitude, etc.
- Working with expression variables
- Using the Expression Language menu
- Using random values
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Apprentice: 09 Expressionswith Chris Meyer1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Advanced Photoshop Techniqueswith Ian Robinson2h 12m Intermediate
1. What Are Expressions?
2. Expression Dimensions
4. Expression Language Menu
5. Other Expressions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.