A fairly standard video graphic that you will use in almost every type of video project is a lower third. This is a graphic that helps identify the speaker. You can build this in a tool like Adobe Photoshop. In this video, Richard Harrington walks you through how to place a logo in a lower third in Photoshop.
- Another element that's common with…the lower third is a logo.…Perhaps it's the brand identity…for the organization,…or maybe the television station.…The Place command works well here,…particularly if the logo is a vector file.…Just choose File, Place Embedded.…You can now navigate and choose the logo.…In our case, the logo is a Photoshop document,…but this would also work with…EPS or Adobe Illustrator files.…When you choose Place it'll add the logo in.…
Now what I can do is easily move…that into position.…Remember, anything that's meant to be read…should fall inside of the safe title area boxes.…If you wanna scale this just hold down…Shift + Option or Shift + Alt,…and as you drag it will scale from the center.…I'm gonna place that there and press Return.…And I like that.…But now that I see the logo here,…I realize that I'd like the bar to be a…slightly different color.…You may recall that we have everything in layers.…
So it's very simple to double click and bring up…the controls for that hue saturation…adjustment layer.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.