Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Placing a logo, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type.
- Let's go ahead and place a logo onto this lower third.…Oftentimes, this would be a network logo…or a particular branding element for the client.…If this is a live broadcasting environment,…keep in mind that oftentimes that logo is laid in…by master control and shouldn't be a part of your graphic.…So, make sure you check in and see…what the particular standards are for your environment.…To add the logo, I'm going to use a similar command…of File > Place Embedded, and I've already…designed a logo here for you.…
Now, you could place not only a Photoshop document…but also an Adobe Illustrator file,…which often works quite well.…Clicking the place will add it into the document,…and now I can drag that into position,…and holding down Shift and Alt…or Shift and Option, it's very easy to scale to size.…Let's nudge that into place, here we go.…And press Enter to set the size.…
Now once it's added, you can take advantage…of other things like layer styles.…You could add a drop shadow.…I often pull this aside so I can see things.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.