Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Path operators on shape layers, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Narrator] After Effects can further manipulate…a shape layer through use of non destructive effects…called path operators…that can deform and distort our initial shape.…We previously talked about Repeater and Trim Paths,…arguably the two most important ones.…Here, we'll take a look at a few other path operators…and see how their stacking order is important.…So here in this example, I'm just going to take my Pen Tool,…and I'm going to disable my fill.…I'm going to click on the word Fill and select None.…Under Stroke I'm going to make that say Solid Color.…
And for my solid color, white will do.…I'll make it 10 pixels wide.…In Composition window I'm going to click…once at the top left and again at the bottom right…to create a straight line.…Now that we have that straight line in there,…let's go ahead and twirl down our shape layer,…and with it selected,…I'm going to add in some new path operators.…Let's start off with Wiggle Paths.…Now Wiggle Paths when we twirl this down…we see that it's added a path operator…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.