- Apply the Particular effect to a layer
- Creating an emitter
- Adjusting emitter settings
- Animating emitter positions
- Adjusting particle attributes
- Creating custom particles
- Using lights with particle systems
- Animating with cameras
- Defining multiple systems
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Ian] Let me start off by saying welcome to this course on Particular for After Effects Essential Training. In this course, we will cover a wide range of topics designed to give you the essential tools required to be proficient using Particular for After Effects. We will start by creating a simple emitter and particle system. Then we'll jump into the details of working with particle systems, as we examine different kinds of emitters, different particle attributes, from still particles to animated particles.
We'll create custom particles with sprites and polygons, and we'll even examine working in three dimensions with lights and cameras. As we move on, we'll look at building multi-system particle systems to add a new level of complexity. After we build those strong foundations, we'll move on to some projects, like how to create light streaks, set some graphics on fire using Particular, and even look at how to integrate physics into your projects, so we can have particles bouncing off the floors and walls, particles creating other particles, and we'll even learn how to control time.
So, as you can see, we have a lot of things to cover, so let's get started.
1. Getting Started in Particular
Fundamentals of the designer5m 14s
2. Working on an Intro Project
3. Working with Emitters
4. Adjusting Particle Attributes
5. Creating Custom Particles
6. Working in Three Dimensions
7. Building Multi-Systems
8. Next Level Systems in Particular
9. Creating Light Streaks
10. Where There's Smoke, There's Fire
11. Generating Whimsical Backgrounds
12. Fluid Dynamics
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.