Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Parenting, part of After Effects CC 2018 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Narrator] Parenting allows for…one layer's transformations to drive…the transformations of one or more child layers.…Here, we'll see why parenting is a powerful…technique that allows us to not only be more…efficient in our animations, but also see how…it provides an opportunity to…create more complex motions.…So, in this first example here, I've got three nulls…and each of those nulls has rotation keyframes.…And so those rotations keyframes go from zero…out to 45 degrees and then back again.…Currently, they are just rotating by themselves.…
The sun doesn't have any animation with it.…If you don't already have it, go ahead and right click…on any one of the columns here…and make sure that parent is enabled.…That'll expose this parent column here.…So, the first thing when we want to parent is we can…select our child layer and either pick whip…or select, via the list here, the layer…that we'd like to be the parent.…So, in this first example, I'm going to select…the sun as my child, then I'm going to…pick whip to the top left.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.