Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Parenting, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] Parenting allows…for one layer's transformations…to drive the transformations of one or more child layers.…Here, we'll see why parenting is a powerful technique…that allows us to not only be more efficient…in our animations…but also see how it provides an opportunity…to create more complex motions.…So in this first example here,…I've got three nulls…and each of those nulls has rotation keyframes.…And so, those rotation keyframes go from zero…up to 45 degrees and then back again.…Currently, they're just rotating by themselves.…The sun doesn't have any animation with it.…
If you don't already have it,…go ahead and right-click on any one of the columns here…and make sure that Parent is enabled…and that will expose this Parent column here.…So, the first thing, when we want to parent,…is we can select our child layer…and either pick whip…or select via the list here…the layer that we like to be the parent.…So in this first example,…I'm going to select the sun as my child…and then I'm going to pick whip to the top left.…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.