Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Parenting layers to the camera, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Instructor] With our camera animated…we can fill in some of the gaps by adding new layers…in 3D space, including video and vector files.…Here we'll look at using parenting…to help position our new layers.…So here in our composition we have several 3D layers…that are animated on, as well as a camera…that flies through them.…So I want to fill in some of these areas…where there are blank spots here, like down here…for instance at the bottom left of the frame,…and of course at the very end,…we can use something there.…So let's go ahead and,…since we've been using still frames…or still images for this most part,…let's go ahead and add in some video.…
I'm going to double click my project window…and target my exercise files, media,…video, and I'm going to grab…Suzi roll glass, I like that one.…And perhaps also this top one here,…Glass roll solid one as well.…Let's go ahead and say open,…and I'm just going to drag and drop this…into my composition, and obviously…we need to make this a 3D layer so it…plays nice with everything else in the scene.…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.