Once you have created your own custom art brush in Adobe Illustrator, you can use that brush in multiple ways to create some great vector elements and scenes. What are a few of these ways? In this video, author Ian Robinson walks you through how to paint a scene with art brushes in Adobe Illustrator.
- Once you've created your own custom art brush…in Illustrator, you can use that brush…in a myriad of ways to quickly create…some rather amazing vector elements and scenes.…Obviously, we'll start by jumping into Adobe Illustrator.…If we look at our Illustrator project,…you'll notice I've created a layer solid here…for my background layer.…So I'm going to go to the Layers panel…and just show you that I have a background layer…and it's been locked out so we can't…accidentally select it.…Let's make sure we have Layer 2 selected.…
And while we're at it, let's double-click on that…and we'll rename this Trees and press Return.…Now I want to paint some trees.…But before we get painting, it's important…to pay attention to our fill and stroke colors.…So the first thing I'm going to do is bring…my fill to the foreground and make sure there's no fill.…And then I'll bring my stroke to the foreground.…Now, if we go up here under the pull-down…for the stroke, I'm going to go ahead and choose…this dark brown color.…This stroke color will determine the color…
- Exploring the Creative Cloud Market
- Searching and saving assets in the Creative Cloud Market
- Organizing Market assets in the CC Libraries
- Creating custom brushes and textures in Photoshop
- Creating backgrounds and animations in Illustrator
- Building a short promo in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Integrating Type into Videowith Eran Stern2h 36m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Color Grading Footagewith Richard Harrington2h 53m Intermediate
1. Using Creative Cloud Market Assets
2. Creating Textures and Patterns in Photoshop
3. Working with Assets in Illustrator
4. Project: Building a Short Promo
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.