Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of the interface, part of After Effects: Compositing Animation from Animate CC.
- [Narrator] This course is aimed at people…who may have a little or no prior experience…with Adobe After Effects.…Now that said, I won't be able…to show you all the nuts and bolts of the program.…I'm focusing this course on just the features…that you will need to know if you want…to learn how to use After Effects…to improve your existing animation,…be it a PNG sequence or a swift file,…or some other equivalent format.…First of all, the After Effects interface…and you maybe using a…slightly older version of After Effects,…it might look slightly different than this…but basically they're all the same.…
They all have the same basic panels.…So let's take another look at the one…that you might be moving from.…So, if you're coming from Flash or Harmony,…or some other similar piece of software,…your interface will look something like this.…You have your toolbar, your stage…and all the familiar panels that we need.…So, if we place these two side by side…with Adobe Animate CC, the program formerly known as Flash,…and Adobe After Effects on the right side,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Intermediate
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Intermediate
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.