Join Maxim Jago for an in-depth discussion in this video Outputting pregraded shots for the edit from SpeedGrade, part of Creative Suite 6: Video Production.
I imagine most people who are new to Adobe SpeedGrade will think of it as …being an application that sits to the end of the chain. …And in most cases, that's probably the case. …You're going to finish off your edit in Premiere Pro or perhaps After Effects, …and then you're perhaps going to send over it to SpeedGrade. …To really complete a fine quality grade, you're going to finish off the color …perfectly with Adobe SpeedGrade. But actually, you can use SpeedGrade at …the very, very beginning of the chain as well.…
You can use it to apply a pregrade to your assets before you bring them into …Premiere Pro. There are a few benefits to doing this, …one is that it allows you to get a sense of the usable assets and those that you …can't save in post, I suppose. But also, it can speed up the edit considerably. …Because if you're not looking for a particularly advanced finish or look to a …media, you just want everything to fit together. …Then you can make that happen in SpeedGrade. …Especially if you've got consistent differences between the shots from …
- Improving speech-to-text analysis with Story
- Organizing projects in Prelude
- Batch renaming with Bridge
- Preparing images for video in Illustrator
- Working with Photoshop files in Premiere Pro
- Round-tripping a soundtrack from Premiere Pro to Audition and back again
- Preparing content for After Effects in Premiere Pro
- Sending work from Premiere Pro to SpeedGrade
- Using Dynamic Link to share sequences between Premiere Pro and Encore
- Using the Media Encoder to output from After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: An Overview of Dynamic Link and Round-Tripping
Using breakdown reports4m 56s
8. After Effects
11. Adobe Media Encoder
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.