Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Outputting anamorphic widescreen DV, part of After Effects Apprentice: 15 Creating a Sports Opening Title.
- [Instructor] Now let's say we also need to…deliver something in standard def video,…and for the sake of argument let's say…it has to use the DV codec…cause it has some special considerations.…I'll click on the name to template to edit it.…The DV format can only support a rendered file size…of 720 by 480 for NTCDV.…of 720 by 480 for NTCDV.…So what you need to do is squeeze your…So what you need to do is squeeze your…square pixel wide screen comp down into those dimensions.…square pixel wide screen comp down into those dimensions.…That's what the resize part…of the output module settings does for you.…
This case we're squeezing the 872 down to 720.…Always leave resize quality to the default of high.…It's a bit dangerous to resize the height at this point,…particularly if you're field rendering you never…want to change the height at this point in the render.…But in this case, since we created it…at the normal D1 size of 486 tall, 486 alt is perfect.…at the normal D1 size of 486 tall, 486 alt is perfect.…Then this case cline has asked us for a DV codec render,…
The After Effects Apprentice series was created by Trish and Chris Meyer. These tutorials are designed for After Effects CS4 through CC, and can be used on their own or as a companion to the Meyer's book, After Effects Apprentice.
- Building a 3D world
- Working with layered Illustrator files
- Synchronizing to music
- Using text animation presets
- Rendering strategies
- Working with widescreen video, including 4:3 center cut and safe area considerations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Floor
2. The Video Wall
3. The Dial
4. Creating the Main Composition
5. The Camera Move
6. Creating a Title
7. Lighting and Shadows
8. Further Polish
9. Finishing the Comps
10. Client Changes
11. Render Strategies
12. Bonus: Creating the Ring inside After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.