Join Maxim Jago for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing projects with Prelude, part of Creative Suite 6: Video Production.
A lot of users that are new to using Adobe Prelude wonder where it fits into …the chain. What am I going to do with an application …for ingesting media when I can already do that perfectly well with Premiere Pro or …After Effects? You can import directly into After …Effects and Premiere Pro, but Prelude comes before. …Prelude is there to allow you to organize your media, add metadata information to …it, and then hand it over to, for example, Premiere Pro for you to edit. …In many ways, this is an ideal tool for an Assistant Editor, because the …interface is very simplified, very clear. It's not as complex as a non-linear …editing system. And it's really streamlined for you to …just mark things up and identify them. Here, I'm going to press Ctrl+I, that'd …be Cmd+I on a Mac, to bring up the Ingest panel which is under the File menu as well.…
And you can see you get this really nice browsing interface. …This is the same as the one we've got now. …In Premiere Pro in the Project panel and in the Media Browser. …
- Improving speech-to-text analysis with Story
- Organizing projects in Prelude
- Batch renaming with Bridge
- Preparing images for video in Illustrator
- Working with Photoshop files in Premiere Pro
- Round-tripping a soundtrack from Premiere Pro to Audition and back again
- Preparing content for After Effects in Premiere Pro
- Sending work from Premiere Pro to SpeedGrade
- Using Dynamic Link to share sequences between Premiere Pro and Encore
- Using the Media Encoder to output from After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: An Overview of Dynamic Link and Round-Tripping
Using breakdown reports4m 56s
8. After Effects
11. Adobe Media Encoder
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.