Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Organize the passes, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] When working with 3D multi-passes,…a visual effects artist will often be provided…multiple image sequences.…Here we'll look at how to import…and organize our different passes into the project.…So here in our footage we have a car…running through the desert, and we want to fill up…this frame a little bit with some towers…here in the background, and place in some barrels…throughout the foreground.…And so we've rendered this out,…and let's go ahead and take a look…in our exercise files folder, under assets.…There's a folder here called C4D Render Incubate Towers.…
Let's go ahead and open this up…and see the contents real quick.…You can see that we have multiple .PSD files…and each one of these is pertaining…to a separate multi-pass render.…So here is just the shadows in isolation.…Up here we have the diffuse, so here's our towers,…here's our barrel.…We also have the ambient occlusion.…So all these different render passes…are separated out into multiple image sequences.…So in order to bring this into After Effects,…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 52m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.