- View Offline
- Planning your work, updating, and auto-saving
- Learning and customizing keyboard shortcuts
- Optimizing hard disks and CPUs
- GPU: CUDA and OpenGL
- Using "Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously" multiprocessing
- Pre-rendering and proxies in After Effects
- Lowering resolution for previews
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Todd Kopriva, technical support lead for Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects. I'm worked for Adobe on the digital video teams for several years, and now it's my job to help you to use After Effects and Premier Pro. This workshop shows you how to configure After Effects, Premiere Pro, your operating system, your computer and your workflow to get the best possible performance. I'll show you how to get more done in less time, both my making things work faster and by avoiding common causes of wasted time. I'm make recommendations for RAM, CPU's, graphics cards and hard disks, both what to buy and how to set your applications up to make optimal use of these resources.
You'll also learn how to work faster within After Effects and Premier Pro by learning how to set preferences and other settings and minimize the amount of processing needed at each step of your workflow. You'll learn what CUDA, OpenGL and the Mercury Playback Engine are and what each means to you in practical terms. I'll even make suggestions for how to save time by making the right decisions in the pre-production stage, avoiding the need to re-do or re-process elements of your project. I hope that you enjoy the training and learn to get more done in less time.