Join Maxim Jago for an in-depth discussion in this video One-way trips and the Edit Original command, part of Creative Suite 6: Video Production.
Some applications in Creative Suite are one-way trips, and some allow you to use …an edit original feature, both in Premiere Pro and in After Effects. …Here, for example, I've got an Illustrator file that I've imported into …Premiere Pro. It's a very simple file. …If I toggle over to Illustrator, you can see the original. …Here it is. And if I wanted to make any changes to …this, I could very easily do so by just, well let's say I'm going to move this …text over. And then, you see I have got an asterisk …next to the name so I can save, Ctrl+S or Cmd+S, toggle back to Premiere Pro, and …its updated. If you are not sure where the file is, …there's an easy way of doing this. If I just toggle back, I'm going to close …this file and then back into Premiere Pro.…
If I just right-click on this item on the timeline, I can do this in the bin as well. …I can click on Edit Original and this is going to fire up Adobe Illustrator with …the file open. So now, I can make my change and it's not …particularly noticeable, is it? Maybe I'll do something a little bit more dramatic. …
- Improving speech-to-text analysis with Story
- Organizing projects in Prelude
- Batch renaming with Bridge
- Preparing images for video in Illustrator
- Working with Photoshop files in Premiere Pro
- Round-tripping a soundtrack from Premiere Pro to Audition and back again
- Preparing content for After Effects in Premiere Pro
- Sending work from Premiere Pro to SpeedGrade
- Using Dynamic Link to share sequences between Premiere Pro and Encore
- Using the Media Encoder to output from After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: An Overview of Dynamic Link and Round-Tripping
Using breakdown reports4m 56s
8. After Effects
11. Adobe Media Encoder
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.