- [Instructor] Taking simple components…and building them up to create something…more complex is a common thread…in the Visual Language of Motion Graphics.…With compositions, the more layers you have…in a comp, the harder of a time you'll have…trying to control all of them.…Here in this movie, we'll look at how we can…use null object to add broader control…to 3D layers.…So here in this composition, I've got four…3D layers, I've got a background, a 2D null,…and a camera.…And so if I wanted to move this group…of 3D layers, I can certainly shift click them all…and move them around.…
However, that's going to be kind of cumbersome each time…I need to pick them up and move them.…I'd need to re-select and this doesn't even come to address…what happens when I need to rotate everything…all together.…I'd have to go through each one and rotate…each one separately?…Sounds really cumbersome.…Let's go ahead and undo that.…Instead, we can take our 3D nulls and parent…them to a null object.…So here, my null here is 2D, but that doesn't…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added videos on two new features in Adobe CC 2018: the Essential Graphics panel and master properties.
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.