Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Null object parenting, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] Taking simple components and building them up…to create something more complex is a common thread…in the visual language of motion graphics.…With compositions the more layers you have in a comp…the harder of a time you'll have…trying to control all of them.…Here in this movie we'll look at how we can use…null objects to add broader control to 3-D layers.…So here in this composition I've got…four 3-D layers, I've got a background,…a 2-D null, and a camera,…and so if I wanted to move this group of 3-D layers…I can certainly shift click them all…and move them around.…
However, that's going to be kind of cumbersome…each time I need to pick them up and move them.…I'll have to reselect and…this doesn't even come to address…what happens when I need to rotate everything all together.…I'd have to go through each one…and rotate each one separately.…That sounds really cumbersome.…Let's go ahead and undo that.…Instead we can take our 3-D nulls…and parent them to a null object.…So here my null here is 2-D,…but that doesn't really matter…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.