Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of After Effects: Compositing Animation from Animate CC.
- [Dermot] I hope you've enjoyed the course,…and found it useful, and can apply it to your own animation.…If you want to learn more, I recommend the book,…Flash + After Effects: Add Broadcast Features…to Your Flash Designs, by Chris Jackson.…It's a great introduction to the process…of using After Effects as an animation tool.…And I used the first edition myself several years ago,…and the second edition has lots of new details.…Now, don't worry about the use of the word Flash,…because if you're using Animate CC, the latest version,…there won't be that many differences in it.…
Flash/Animate CC and After Effects…have stayed pretty much the same over time.…An excellent and thorough introduction to After Effects…can be found in After Effects CC 2015 Essential Training…by Ian Robinson.…Again, don't worry about that 2015 version.…This course will be applicable to users of later versions.…If you're using 2018's version,…any changes to the interface should be fairly minor.…If you really want to push After Effects to the extreme,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Intermediate
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Intermediate
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.