Join Lee Lanier for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of VFX Techniques: Space Scene 01 Maya Animation and Dynamic Simulation.
…If you'd like to learn more about Maya, visit…lynda.com and check out the other Maya training courses.…There's also a series of VFX courses I have at the same site.…Now there is a follow-up course to this course,…where we take everything we created inside Maya, all the…image sequences, bring them into After Effects, composite them,…fine tune them, and create one really great space shot,…by the time we're done. So I hope you've enjoyed this course.…Thanks for watching.…
- Animating the spaceship and asteroid
- Animating cameras to follow the action
- Setting key and fill lights
- Creating layers for the sun, stars, and planet
- Setting up shadow and lighting layers
- Creating mental ray render passes
- Exploding geometry in a dynamic simulation
- Attaching nParticle emitter to bodies
- Batch rendering render layers
Skill Level Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Crowd Replication with After Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 54m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animating the Shot
3. Lighting the Shot
4. Setting Up Render Layers
5. Dynamically Exploding Geometry
6. Adding a Particle Simulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.