Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video New CC effects, part of After Effects CC 2015 New Features.
- A little bit of dessert added to this version…of After Effects since we have some effects to play with.…One is CC Vignette, it's in the Stylize menu.…When I apply vignettes to something,…such as this video on top,…I get that classic darkening of the edges.…So I think I'll turn off mask visibility…so it doesn't distract us.…You can choose how dark those edges are…or even make a negative, so the edges…are brighter rather than darker.…I like vignetting because it pulls attention in to the face.…You can choose where the center of your vignette is.…
Maybe at action I'll set off to one side.…But I'll put it right on her nose here on her face.…You can also choose how large a vignette is,…how tight you are on the face or how broad it is.…I like a little bit in the corners like that.…One thing vignetting does do is dull down…specular highlights, you can see it…with this green in the background.…It really looks just kind of like a dull grey.…You do have a pin highlights parameter…which allows you to restore some of those highlights…
Check back often for updates. New chapters will be added each time Adobe releases a major After Effects update.
- Preview options
- Editing a project without stopping preview playback
- Navigating the CC Libraries workflows
- Moving animations from Adobe Character Animator to After Effects
- Using expressions to dynamically measure facial dimensions
- Setting up layers in CINEWARE and CINEMA 4D Lite
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We added 11 movies covering the fall 2015 updates to After Effects CC (v13.6), including the new start screen, preview updates, Creative Cloud Libraries import, new effects, and multitouch gestures.