Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating layers in the timeline, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Narrator] As an editor, your tools inside Premiere Pro…are well made for easily adjusting the duration…of your shots,…and working on the overall pacing of your edit.…Conversely, After Effects is exceptionally great…at handling animations, and gives you the power…to tweak keyframes.…Just as After Effects is cumbersome for video editing,…likewise, Premiere isn't necessarily the best tool…for creating animation.…Although you can, it doesn't always mean you should.…So, here is this movie, we'll take a look…at how to adjust your layer's duration,…by altering the in and out points,…as well as other techniques…to navigate layers and the composition.…
So, After Effects and Premiere have a couple differences,…one of the most important ones is that inside Premiere,…your timelines are infinitely scalable.…So, you can stretch and shrink this to reveal…all the way down the timeline, and make space…for clips that you want to insert or move down.…After Effects doesn't necessarily work…that way, unfortunately.…So, let's switch over to After Effects.…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.