- [Instructor] Motion sketching is a tool…that allows you to add a bit of motion capture…with your cursor, inside of After Effects.…The main advantage here,…is that you can get some fairly organic motion…as it records your mouse movement in real time,…as well as being able to quickly rough out…position keyframes.…With a sketch in place,…we can use the smoother inside of After Effects,…to simplify the keyframes and fine tune from there.…So here in this composition I've got some clouds,…and I've got another composition…with an animation of a fly.…So I'd like for the fly to move about…inside my main composition.…
I'm going to use motion sketching in order to do that.…But in order to use it,…I do need to have a layer to sketch on to.…So let's go ahead and Right-click here,…and Create a Brand New Solid.…And I'm going to keep this solid sized fairly small,…100 x 100, so that I can kind of see it…in the composition window, as I click and drag,…moving it about.…If it was any larger, it might be too cumbersome to see…where exactly we are.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added videos on two new features in Adobe CC 2018: the Essential Graphics panel and master properties.
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.