Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Motion sketching, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Voiceover] Motion sketching is a tool…that allows you to add a bit of motion capture…with your cursor inside of After Effects.…The main advantage here…is that you can get some fairly organic motion…as it records your mouse movement in real-time…as well as being able to quickly…rough out position key frames.…With a sketch in place,…we can use the smoother inside of After Effects…to simplify the key frames and fine-tune from there.…So here in this composition,…I've got some clouds and I've got another composition with…an animation of a fly.…So I'd like for the fly to move about…inside my main composition.…
I'm going to use motion sketching in order to do that,…but in order to use it,…I do need to have a layer to sketch on to.…So let's go ahead and right-click here…and create a brand new solid.…And I'm going to keep this solid size fairly small, 100 by 100,…so that I can kind of see it in the composition window…as I click and drag, moving it about.…If it was any larger, it might be too cumbersome to see…where exactly we are.…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.