In this video, explore how the camera lens blur creates a custom depth of field.
- [Instructor] Another thing that will really…give scenes a little more vitality,…and realism is a slight illusion of blur,…as objects are really far in the distance,…or depth of field.…So let's take a look at a really quick…and dirty way to do that.…One of my favorite tools in the program,…is camera lens blur and you can find this…under the blur and sharpen in here,…but you can also type in camera.…Lens blur, and there it is.…So let's start by being polite,…and making sure that we don't apply this…to the wrong layer, so first of all,…we're going to be applying it to the background layer,…so I'm pad locking everything except the background,…and we can just drop it in there.…
Now the background layer in this case,…is the sky, the city line here,…so that's it by itself, so let's take a look…at what we've got, we have the camera lens blur,…in the effects panel of the background level.…So untwirl this, and it's really simple,…the blur radius right now, I think it's default at five,…which you can barely notice, it's very subtle.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Intermediate
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Intermediate
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.