- Interpreting creative briefs
- Getting inspiration and coming up with ideas
- Gathering information about your viewers
- Researching for motion graphic design projects
- Differentiating your design
- Developing a linear story
- Using scrapbooks to rough out ideas
- Planning motion graphic projects
- Using Gantt charts
- Gathering resources for motion graphic designs
- Using Creative Commons and public domain images
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Angie] Hello, I'm Angie Taylor. I'd like to welcome you to my course, Creative Motion Graphic Design: Project Planning and Development. This workshop forms part of a series that will break down a real-world project so that you can see the entire process from idea development through to final production. In the following tutorials I'll show you how I developed and produced an online advert for Creative Cabin Limited. Together we'll work through exercises based on techniques used in the creation of this finished motion graphic project.
You can practice what you learn by applying similar techniques and processes to your own creative project. The aim of this workshop is to give you a good solid understanding of how to plan and develop a creative project in an effective and professional way. We'll pull it apart to see how it was created and I'll show you how the initial idea was conceived, developed, and produced. I'll explain the importance of understanding your audience demographics and your client's preferences. We'll also look at practical ways of developing suitable graphic style for your projects.
I'll show you how mind maps and scrapbooks can help you develop your idea and troubleshoot potential pitfalls along the way. Once you've come up with your own idea for a practice project, I'll show you how to plan the project, including budgeting, setting up goals, managing files and folders, and creating good working project structures. With all of this in place, we'll take a look at how to then begin gathering cost effective resources for your project. So let's get started and plan that creative project.