There are so many things you can do with the wiggle expression in Adobe After Effects. What are some advanced techniques that you can use for wiggles that can complement your workflow? In this movie, author Luisa Winters takes you on a more in-depth look at how you can use the wiggle expression in an After Effects project.
- We have done plenty of wiggles in this title,…but they really are important in most artists' workflows.…So, I'd like to take wiggles one step further.…Let's get started.…Let's go ahead and open composition 4.3 More Wiggle.…In here, you're gonna see the light bulb…that we've been working with before.…Let's go ahead and add some wiggle…to the opacity settings of this light bulb.…So add an expression to opacity,…and now let's go to the expression language menu,…just go ahead and click there, and let's go to Property.…
In Property you're gonna see the wiggle,…you're gonna see wiggle frequency amp octaves,…amp mult, and t time.…Let's go ahead and add that and talk a little bit more…in depth about what these things mean.…We know what the first two mean,…frequency is how often, and amp is how much.…Now octaves refers to the detail in the wiggle.…Amp mult is going to refer to the randomness of that detail.…And t is going to refer to the time.…
So if you leave those values unset,…in other words, if we only have frequency and amplitude,…
- Adding expressions
- Editing expressions manually
- Changing expression dimensions: rate, value, music amplitude, etc.
- Working with expression variables
- Using the Expression Language menu
- Using random values
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Apprentice: 09 Expressionswith Chris Meyer1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 8m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Advanced Photoshop Techniqueswith Ian Robinson2h 12m Intermediate
1. What Are Expressions?
2. Expression Dimensions
4. Expression Language Menu
5. Other Expressions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.