Mograph Techniques: Physics Simulations in After Effects
Explore how to create complex physical animations inside After Effects using Newton (a third-party plugin) and the Connect Layers (a free script). This project-based course covers a few specific and popular types of effects, such as letters suspended from strings and connected, randomized spheres. Artist Eran Stern shows how to connect any type of element together in a complex 3D array of strings and work with different dynamic simulations in order to create Dormant and Collision as well as Staggering and Kinematic animation types.
These lessons are perfect for motion graphics artists who want to create earthy physics simulations and add realistic motion to their projects.
- Building a random sphere animation
- Creating a tree connection
- Animating letters dangling from rope
- Creating body types and groups
- Staggering layer simulation
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Eran Stern, and welcome to Physics Simulations in After Effects. In this course, we'll explore how to create complex physical animations using earthy physics with the help of Newton, a third party plug-in and also Connect Layers, a free After Effects script. We'll learn how to create letters hanging and stretching on what seems to be a rubber ropes. We'll also see how to connect elements together in a complex, 3D array of strings.
We'll work with different body types in order to create dormant and collision as well as staggering and kinematic animation types. This course is quite fun and should be useful for anyone using Adobe After Effects. It's also based on a real world project which will help us to deeply explore these techniques. We have a lot of ground to cover so let's start.
Creating a Show Open in After Effects and CINEMA 4D51,976 Views
3D Typography in After Effects55,478 Views
Mograph Techniques: Mixing 2D and 3D with After Effects and CINEMA 4D47,454 Views
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Music34,735 Views
Up and Running with Trapcode Form112,701 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,632,490 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery302,647 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced392,295 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training632,647 Views