Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Mocha AE planar tracking, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Narrator] There are some shots that may have…less than ideal point-tracking information…such as when a tracking marker goes out of frame.…If we can identify areas in our shot…that are flat, planar surfaces,…we can use that information instead…to extract motion by using Mocha AE.…So, before we get started with this example,…let's go ahead and make sure that…our cell phone JPEG sequence, here, is set up correctly.…And when you relink this, After Effects may have…defaulted this to something like 30 or something else.…Let's go ahead and make sure that it is in fact…30 frames per second. We'll right-click here.…
And just go to interpret footage, main.…And here we'll tell it 30 frames per second.…And we'll say OK.…Next, let's go ahead and take…a look at our four point track example.…So, After Effects has the ability to track four corners…and create a corner pin effect,…so let's try using that and see how well it works.…Let's go ahead and select layer two.…We'll right-click and say track motion.…So here under our tracker panel,…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 52m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.