Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Mocha for AE crash course, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Mocha AE is a tool that comes…bundled with After Effects, and it's designed…to make the work of rotoscoping much easier.…One aspect of its power lies in…the ability to look at the footage…and track with a selected feature as it changes over time,…and then adjust the mask accordingly.…Although officially a third-party software,…Mocha AE is an indispensable and integral part of…the VFX workflow in After Effects.…Let's see how this works.…So here in our shot, our actor is pulling…off his human face to reveal the robot face.…And if we look at the original footage,…let's come over here to assets and double-click that,…you'll see that the actor is holding a placeholder mask…with some tracking points, and revealing his face.…
The idea behind this composition is that…we want to steal this hand and use that as an element…so that we can insert our own 3D mask.…So if we come back into the main composition…you'll see that we've rotoscoped the hand…as a top layer, and right underneath it we have a 3D mask…inside of Cinema 4D that we've imported as a layer.…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 13m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.