Get an overview of how to use the free Miro Video Converter on Mac and Windows, including where to get it and how to use it to create MP4, WebM, and Ogg video files.
- [Instructor] There will be times…where you just need a quick encoding solution…without all of the frills and fuss.…This is where the free Miro Video Converter really shines.…It is what seems to be, on the surface,…a one-click solution.…In this exercise, we're going to use it.…If you don't have the Miro Video Converter,…point your browser to this URL,…mirovideoconverter.com and download…either the Mac or the PC version of the video converter.…
Once installed, launch the converter.…And I've already got it open here…so I'm just going to close that window.…And this is the interface, and, as you can see,…this really is a no frills interface.…So how do you get a video into it?…Well, if you go into your Chapter 2 download,…just drag the CableCar mov file into the converter,…just like that, and there it is.…Now this video is huge.…It is a 1080p HD video with stereo sound.…
And we've gotta knock it back to an MP4.…So how do you do that?…Well, the first thing is, you can choose…how to convert it.…You can convert to Apple devices.…
- Key video formats used to publish on the web
- Encoding video that's optimized for online delivery
- HTML5 native video embedding and interaction
- Styling video components with CSS
- Captioning video
- Preparing video for social media
- Using Dynamic Link
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: HTML Background Videowith Chris Converse28m 35s Intermediate
Web Video: Develop Your Video Presencewith Rick Allen Lippert41m 54s Intermediate
Web Video: Makeup Techniqueswith Rick Allen Lippert25m 47s Intermediate
Exercise files1m 11s
1. Web Video Formats
2. Encoding Video
3. HTML5 and Video
4. Video and CSS
5. Playing with Video
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.