Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Master properties, part of After Effects CC 2018 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Narrator] Master properties are a great new workflow…addition to After Effects, and can dramatically…change how you work.…They work along with the essential graphics panel and…offer users a method for both overwriting and versioning.…This means that we can tweak existing animation…non-destructively and create different versions…of an animation without having to create duplicate…compositions first.…Let me show you what I mean.…In this example I have a box and I'm going to animate it…moving from left to right.…So with layer one selected I'll hit P…and insert a key frame.…Down at one second later, I'm going to nudge this over…to the right hand side, and here's our simple animation.…
Now I'd like to take this position parameter…and add into my essential graphics panel.…If you don't already have this open,…you can find it here under window, essential graphics.…Now I'm going to define the master-comp here…by selecting my box move from this drop down list.…And now I can add my position parameter inside here.…Now there's other parameters that I want…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added videos on two new features in Adobe CC 2018: the Essential Graphics panel and master properties.
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.