- [Instructor] Masks are a tool used to hide or reveal…portions of our footage.…After Effects has a few ways to create them onto your layer…and here we'll see what the tools offer us…and how we can manipulate them.…So here's a standard 2D layer…and with my sunset layer selected,…I can come up here to my mask creation tools…and you'll see I have these different shapes,…rectangle, rounded rectangle, ellipse, polygon, and star,…and I can also create masks using the pen tool.…Now it's important to note that these very same tools…will create shape layers if you have nothing selected…in your timeline, and that's an important distinction…because shape layers are something else entirely,…which we'll cover in another movie…but in order to create masks,…it's very important to have first a layer selected.…
So with that sunset layer selected,…let's come over here and take a look at our rectangle tool.…Now as I click and drag inside my composition window,…you'll see I can create a square, I can create a rectangle,…I can go up here.…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.