The most common video format is the MP4 video format. This video is a deep dive into what you need to know to create and deploy an mp4 on the web. Also, discover that an MP4 is not exactly a file format.
- [Tom] In this video, we're going to take a look at one…of the formats that you'll be using…when you design your video experiences,…and that is the MP4 format.…So, let's start with an obvious question,…is MP4 a video format?…An obvious answer is, well, of course, Tom.…I watch MP4 videos all the time.…I hate to break it to you, but it isn't.…MP4 is a video container format,…though it is more commonly regarded as a file extension.…So, what's a container?…Instead of getting all technical,…think about buying a pair of Nike sneakers.…
On the box is that big Nike swoosh,…and you'd be correct in saying you bought a pair of Nikes.…If you open the box, there's a right shoe and a left shoe.…A video container is just like that shoebox,…only inside, you don't find shoes,…you find a video track and an audio track.…You can see what I'm talking about here in Premiere.…Notice there is a video layer and an audio layer.…When you compile the video into an MP4,…which uses the H.264 codec, the audio track…and the video track are compressed using separate video…
- Key video formats used to publish on the web
- Encoding video that's optimized for online delivery
- HTML5 native video embedding and interaction
- Styling video components with CSS
- Captioning video
- Preparing video for social media
- Using Dynamic Link
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: HTML Background Videowith Chris Converse28m 35s Intermediate
Web Video: Develop Your Video Presencewith Rick Allen Lippert41m 54s Intermediate
Web Video: Makeup Techniqueswith Rick Allen Lippert25m 47s Intermediate
Exercise files1m 11s
1. Web Video Formats
2. Encoding Video
3. HTML5 and Video
4. Video and CSS
5. Playing with Video
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.