This video is an overview of a format most often found in Apple Music. It is there due to Digital Rights Management, or DRM, and discusses where you might use it.
- [Instructor] In this exercise,…we're gonna take a look at an odd video format,…and you'll usually encounter it if you are a Mac user.…So the odds are pretty good that you've encountered…a video or audio file with the M4V extension.…You may also have come across this format…when using a smartphone or DSLR to record a video.…Naturally, you may have wondered what's with that.…The M4V file format was developed by Apple…and is a version of the MP4 format.…
A video or audio file sporting this extension…is an MPEG-4 video file or is sometimes…regarded as an iTunes video file.…This should give you an idea as to their use.…You will most likely come across this file type…if you download movies, TV shows, or music videos…from the iTunes store.…So why did Apple create this format?…Most M4V files are protected using DRM,…Digital Rights Management, to prevent…unauthorized distribution, or in more direct terms, piracy.…
These DRM-protected files can only be played…on a computer that has been authorized…with a valid Apple ID to play through iTunes.…
- Key video formats used to publish on the web
- Encoding video that's optimized for online delivery
- HTML5 native video embedding and interaction
- Styling video components with CSS
- Captioning video
- Preparing video for social media
- Using Dynamic Link
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: HTML Background Videowith Chris Converse28m 35s Intermediate
Web Video: Develop Your Video Presencewith Rick Allen Lippert41m 54s Intermediate
Web Video: Makeup Techniqueswith Rick Allen Lippert25m 47s Intermediate
Exercise files1m 11s
1. Web Video Formats
2. Encoding Video
3. HTML5 and Video
4. Video and CSS
5. Playing with Video
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.