How many times have you wanted to loop something, using keyframes to do it, only to find yourself adjusting many keyframes? Is there an expression in Adobe After Effects that can help? It can be frustrating and time consuming. In this movie, author Luisa Winers demonstrates how to use loops in Adobe After Effects to easily loop a clip or layer.
- How many times have we wanted to loop something using…keyframes to do it, only to find ourselves adjusting…many keyframes when we needed to adjust the loop?…It can be frustrating and time-consuming.…This is one of those situation in which…knowing expressions really pays off.…Let's go ahead and open Composition 4.5: Loops.…And in here, you're gonna see the Doggy layer.…
Let's go ahead and select it and press…the letter U so that you can see the keyframes…that have been assigned to this layer.…Let me make this a little bit bigger so you can see it.…And now, let's just play it from the beginning.…Alright, so I used the Puppet Pin tool to animate…all four of the legs and the nose of this puppy.…You can see that the tail is also wiggling a little bit.…
Now what I need to do is loop all of these keyframes…so that I don't have to keyframe all of these things…over and over and over and over and over again.…So I can loop these easily by adding expressions to them.…Let's go ahead and start with this top pin,…which is Puppet Pin 13.…
- Adding expressions
- Editing expressions manually
- Changing expression dimensions: rate, value, music amplitude, etc.
- Working with expression variables
- Using the Expression Language menu
- Using random values
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Apprentice: 09 Expressionswith Chris Meyer1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 8m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Advanced Photoshop Techniqueswith Ian Robinson2h 12m Intermediate
1. What Are Expressions?
2. Expression Dimensions
4. Expression Language Menu
5. Other Expressions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.