Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Live templates, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type.
- A workflow that was first introduced…with the 2014 release of Premiere Pro and After Effects…is title templates that allow you to create…in After Effects and update in Premiere.…Let's switch over to After Effects for a moment,…and I'm going to save this project and close it,…and open up a template that I've already built.…Here it is, A Lower Third.…This is based on one of the designs we used earlier…and I use some simple text animation presets,…as well as a wipe here,…inside of After Effects to reveal the bar.…
What you can do is choose the composition settings.…Now, under Advanced, check the option that says Template.…This means that any layers that are unlocked inside of…After Effects will become available in Premiere Pro.…Now, I click Ok, and I can save this.…Let's switch back to Premiere Pro,…and import that in.…Now when I grab that, and choose open, it comes in,…and I can select that and click Ok.…
You'll notice it looks like a clip.…If you double-click so it's loaded,…it comes in and you'll see the effect controls.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.