Join Angie Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Linking properties together, part of After Effects Expressions for Premiere Pro Editors.
- View Offline
- When I'm animating elements, I like to use…Illustrator files as often as I can.…You'll see here, I've imported an Illustrator file…into Premiere Pro, and I have it here in the timeline.…Couple of downsides to working with Illustrator files…in Premiere Pro are, one, it becomes a bitmap,…so if I scale it up, you'll see I lose quality,…because it's just treating it as a bitmap file,…it's lost that vector information.…Also, it doesn't support Illustrator layers,…so this would be one situation where I would want to…go into After Effects via dynamic link.…
If I select the file, right-click on it, and say,…Replace with After Effects Composition,…that's going to open it in After Effects.…Now, it still looks pretty crummy in After Effects,…but, if I toggle my Switches and Modes, and then,…click on, Continuous Rasterization, then I get full quality.…Not only that, I can get access to the layers by saying,…Convert to Layered Comp.…And now, if I double-click it, you'll see I have the layers…ready to start animating.…
Now, I've already started animating the clock.…
After Effects Expressions for Premiere Pro Editors is a creative, project-based workshop. Editors take a basic Premiere Pro edit and bring it to life using After Effects expressions and Dynamic Link, following author Angie Taylor's expert instructions. The concepts are broken down into manageable 3–5 minute videos, covering techniques such as randomizing effects, linking animation and color to sound, automating animation, and more.
- Linking footage from Premiere Pro in After Effects with Dynamic Link
- Understanding the expression language
- Automating animation with expressions
- Randomizing effect properties
- Linking color and light changes to audio
- Creating camera shake with a wiggle expressions
- Linking keyframes to create a lightening strike effect
- Synchronizing color and other design elements
- Creating amazing text animations