The After Effects Lighting effect is used to create an FX explosion.
- [Narrator] Now it's time to begin…to replace some of the Flash effects,…or the Flash effect rather with…an After Effects effect and you'll be amazed…I think at the difference.…So this laser beam looks alright,…gets the job done but there's nothing…special about it, it's a very simple triangle.…So I want to replace it with something…much more exciting in After Effects,…that's the whole point of going through…all the process of rebuilding our scene.…So I want to replace this zap here with…a lightning zap, so first thing before…I do that, I have to make a layer…that will accept the zap so let's make a new layer.…
Go layer, new, solid, and I'm gonna make the black.…Click OK, OK, and I'm gonna rename this lightning.…And I'll just move it beneath the robot wav sound.…Okay, so now I want to add a lightning effect.…I can go fishing through all of the expressions…in here, the effects, but it's called…Advanced Lightning and the beauty…of this is I can just type in here…and there we go, Advanced Lightning, you'll do.…
Drop it on to the layer and something…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Appropriate for all
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Appropriate for all
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.