Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Keylight 101, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Keylight is arguably the best keyer available…in the default installation of After Effects.…It's generally my first stop for any keying needs I have,…as it tends to get me great results quickly.…Here in this movie,…we'll examine a few of its main settings.…In this composition I've got a plate of actors…on a green screen, and behind it…we've got a plate of a background for the warehouse…that these actors are going to sit it.…The idea here is that we'll key out these actors…and we'll duplicate them, shrink them down,…and create a crowd with them.…First things first, let's go ahead and remove…this area here, this pole and patch of ground here,…with some garbage masks.…
Let's go ahead and select layer one.…We'll switch over to our rectangle tool…and we'll just click and drag and get rid of that pole.…Let's switch over our mask…from the add mode, to subtract mode.…We'll do the same thing for this patch of ground down here.…We'll set that to subtract, as well.…Now that we've done that,…let's go ahead and add in our Keylight effect.…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 52m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.