Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Key video with keylight, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Premiere's Ultra Keyer is quite capable…for perhaps a good majority of your green screening needs.…However, if you have difficulty with a key,…or you want a more refined one than what…the Ultra Keyer offers, After Effects comes with…the powerful effect called Keylight.…And here in this movie we'll take a look at…some of the basics of how it works.…In this composition, I've got two gentlemen…on a green screen, and I want to key them over…this printing press background.…So with our first layer selected,…let's go ahead and go up to Effect, Keying,…and you'll find Keylight down here.…
The first step is really just to select the screen color.…So with our eyedropper selected here,…let's go ahead and click over in this area.…And right out the gate, you can kind of see…there's a little bit of transparency going on there.…So we need to refine this matte a little bit further.…Under View, currently we're looking at the Final Result.…We have the option to view the source…and any of these intermediate steps here.…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.