Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Key cleanup, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Keylight is great…for pulling our initial key,…but we can further refine the edges of our matte…and remove the last traces of our green screen…through the use of a few extra effects.…So previously, we had our foreground layer here…set with the Keylight effect.…And if we dial down here and look under effects,…we'll see that under view we're using final result.…Let's go ahead and make sure…that we're using full resolution here.…And as we zoom in, we can see some of the artifacting…and unwanted side effects…that the final result view brings us.…
We're getting a bit of noise here…in some of the darker areas…and we're also getting this dark halo around our talent.…Let's look over here,…you'll see it noticeably here for her arm and down in here.…If we toggle this final result back to intermediate result,…we'll see that we've lost some of the grain,…but we've introduced back the color casting,…that was the green screen bouncing light…back onto the actors…and we're of course getting that green halo around them.…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 52m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.