Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to Cinema 4D renderer, part of After Effects CC 2018 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] After Effects offers a few renderers…that it will use to create your final images.…By default, it comes with the Classic 3D renderer enabled,…which allows for flat layers…to be positioned in 3D space.…New to After Effects CC 2017 is the inclusion…of the CINEMA 4D renderer,…which will allow you to extrude shapes…and text in 3D space in addition…to other 3D-specific features.…Here, we'll an overview glance at the powerful options…that open up when using the new CINEMA 4D renderer.…So, here in this example,…I've got my Classic 3D enabled…and if I play this back,…you see that we have 2D layers…floating around in 3D space,…so this is all, just no extrusions here…when we park on this frame,…you'll see that these guys are just…floating planes in space.…
That all changes with the CINEMA 4D renderer.…It introduces extrusion and depth…so we can take the same layer,…we'll switch over to our second composition here,…and now I'm going to switch over…to the CINEMA 4D renderer,…and this is going to allow us…to have new extrusion capabilities.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added videos on two new features in Adobe CC 2018: the Essential Graphics panel and master properties.
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.