Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to 3D layers, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Narrator] After Effects has the ability to work beyond…the typical 2D space that editors…are familiar with inside Premiere.…Unlike Premiere, After Effects can optionally…composite flat planes in a full 3D space…allowing for more creative options.…Here we'll take a brief introductory look at 3D layers…and how they work inside of After Effects.…So here's a 2D layer that we all know and love,…I can select it and move it up, down, left and right.…I can scale it, I can rotate it.…And when we're talking about 3D…layers inside of After Effects,…all we're really talking about…is turning on a simple switch.…
And if you don't already have it,…go ahead and click here,…and turn on columns switches.…And that'll introduce this row of icons right here.…This last one, is the 3D layer switch.…It happens on every single layer,…so you can mix and match 2D layers with 3D layers.…So let's go ahead and turn this on and see what happens.…With our layer selected,…you'll notice that we have a brand new…icon in the center here…and these 3D handles allow us to move or rotate up…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.