Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to 3D layers, part of After Effects CC 2018 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] So here I have several 2D layers.…When we talk about After Effects and 3D,…we're actually talking about enabling a switch…that converts a 2D layer to a 3D layer.…And so, when we look at the interface here,…we have this icon for 3D,…and it's available to us on all layers.…So let's go ahead and click on this sun layer.…We'll twirl this down and look at the transform properties.…Anchor point has an X and Y position.…Position has an X and Y value.…Scale has an X and Y value.…And we have a rotation value,…one lone rotation value.…
When we turn on the 3D layer,…we gain a couple different parameters,…added values here for our Z position on the anchor point.…The position scale now has an X position,…and orientation is a brand-new parameter,…and our one rotation value gets split up into X, Y, and Z.…And there are also some other differences…inside the composition window.…So let's select the sun layer again,…and you'll notice we have a new interface…for our control handle.…This is the 3D axis handle…that we can use to control our X value or our X position.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.