Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing z-depth, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Instructor] After Effects has the ability…to composite in 3D space by allowing you…to optionally convert a 2D layer into a 3D layer.…This introduces a few more parameters to each layer,…including X, Y, and Z values…on the position and rotation, for example.…In this movie, we'll take our precompositions…and combine them all to create a field of images.…First things first though, let' go ahead…and do a little bit of housekeeping.…I'm going to select all my assets here,…and I'll just Command + Click on my compositions…to deselect them, and now I can just click and drag…my JPEGs into a folder, which I'll rename assets.…
So, with that done, let's go ahead and make sure…that we have these row of icons enabled.…This is our switches.…If you don't have these,…go ahead and click our little hamburger icon guy,…and go to Columns, Switches.…And once we do that, we can click…and drag down our 3D layer switch…and turn all those 2D layers into 3D layers,…and lastly, let's go ahead and make sure…our renderer is set to CINEMA 4D.…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.