Join Mark Christiansen for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing tracking and stabilizing, part of After Effects Compositing 06: Tracking and Stabilization.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Now we go into some more exotic tracking options…that go beyond point tracking.…We're going to look at reverse stabilizing…a scene or an object to work on it.…It's something that's very common to do…in visual effects, and it's not as straightforward…as it could be in After Effects,…so I'm going to show you quickly how to do it…and why it's a cool thing to do.…We're also going to take a look at Mocha AE,…there's a whole other course on how to use Mocha,…I'm just going to show you how Mocha AE fits…into this whole tracking picture.…
And we're also going to look at a couple…different ways to stabilize a scene,…both the way that's built right into the software…as an automated tool, and the way to use…if that tool doesn't actually do what you want.…
Here, Mark Christiansen shows how to use the five different After Effects trackers, customizing them to work best in the situations that motion graphics artists encounter most often. He covers the fundamentals, as well as opportunities to think outside the box, especially when an automated approach won't work.
- Why point track?
- Recognizing trackable points
- Offsetting a tracker
- Applying the track to a matte
- Using nulls and third-party scripts to create track mattes
- Tracking and stabilizing objects and planes
- Automated tracking
- Applying 3D tracks
Skill Level Intermediate
Maya Rendering for After Effects Compositeswith Lee Lanier3h 9m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Crowd Replication with After Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 54m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
1. Why Point Track?
2. Complex Motion Tracking
3. Adding Tracking Tools
4. Tracking and Stabilizing Objects and Planes
5. Working with Automated Tracking for VFX
Apply a 3D track4m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.