Join Eran Stern for an in-depth discussion in this video Intro to Animation Composer, part of After Effects Breakdowns - Social Tech Infographics.
- If you work with After Effects,…you know that to create smooth animations…that represents the basic principles of animation,…such as squash and stretch, anticipation,…slow in and slow out, exaggeration,…and few more, you need to work quite hard.…You can do it by mastering the graph editor…and modifying those graphs,…which can be counter-intuitive in some cases.…Or you can try to work with expressions,…which are useful, but can be tedious,…hard to learn, and sometimes even slow to render.…
If this happened to you, let me introduce you to…Animation Composer from MisterHorse.tv.…This is a free plugin that consists…of a huge library of presets.…You can get to the basic ones for free…and, if you like, you can buy more.…But even with the basic package,…this plugin can save you hours of work…and it was used heavily in this project.…I'll devote two movies to it…and in this first movie I'll show you…the basics of how you can use it…with the same Illustrator document…that we've prepared in the previous chapter.…
As I explain at the outpost movie,…
Eran shows how to decode a client brief, perform storyboarding in Illustrator, and then transition the design to After Effects for animation. Along the way, he weaves in tips, shortcuts, and professional techniques that will amaze both veteran After Effects users and new motion graphics artists.
- Analyzing a client brief
- Designing a storyboard with Illustrator
- Automating animations with Animation Composer
- Creating custom particles with Particular
- Crashing simulations using Newton