There will be times when you will need to have an animation appear inside of a screen-like graphic like a smartphone or a television. How do you animate the motion graphic inside a screen graphic? In this video, author Ian Robinson demonstrates how to build an animation inside of a screen-like element.
- In this video, we're going to have our animation…appear inside of a screen,…like a TV or a smart phone, or both!…Now even though we're starting in Photoshop,…we don't have a specific exercise file…that we're starting with.…I just want you to go up under File, and choose Open,…and navigate in your Exercise Files to the Assets folder.…And I want to open the Phone-Mockup_Ae.psd file.…When we click Open, it's going to ask us…if we want to create a new library from the document,…which I don't, so I'm going to go ahead and click Cancel.…
And here's the mock-up.…And let me explain how things are set up,…and how we need to change it to optimize it for animation.…As you can see, I have a layered Photoshop document…with a bunch of different layers.…And just so we can see these more clearly,…I'm going to drag the Layers tab up here.…Now, notice I have a light layer.…And here I'll press Command + Minus…to zoom out so we can see the whole phone,…so if I turn that off and on,…that's giving me the highlight on the screen.…
- Exploring the Creative Cloud Market
- Searching and saving assets in the Creative Cloud Market
- Organizing Market assets in the CC Libraries
- Creating custom brushes and textures in Photoshop
- Creating backgrounds and animations in Illustrator
- Building a short promo in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Integrating Type into Videowith Eran Stern2h 36m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Color Grading Footagewith Richard Harrington2h 53m Intermediate
1. Using Creative Cloud Market Assets
2. Creating Textures and Patterns in Photoshop
3. Working with Assets in Illustrator
4. Project: Building a Short Promo
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.